9.25.2006

Out of My Mind

I like it when I am hovering a little bit above my head. I enjoy the lack of worry that I feel when I sit silent above my world. You call me crazy, I won't argue. I have found that I think a lot. I used to say I think too much. By used to I mean yesterday. I now think i simply think, a lot. Too much, sounds negative. I am tired of making excuses for who I am and what I do that is different from you. Has anyone considered that the non-thinkers are the ones who are in the wrong, in the red, in the ocean without a preserver? I have but only today. I try and define myself minute by minute pigeon holing my current experiences with my peers. Odd. I think I am annoyed with this. I think I will stop. Why are you reading this? Are you following this, it is probably the same reason why i write. To be understood, to understand. I know this is a lot of ditherings, but there is a lot going on in my mind that should, for once, stay in there. Quietly learning, I am protecting myself. If I am dragging you through a path that you don't want to go through I do not beg you to stay, instead I will plead with you to go and not become jaded. Can you feel my loneliness? That is what this must be, I am writing to you... An indefinable you, one you, who actually does not exist. Yet I continue as if you will respond with my thoughts. It has been a lonely day, a lonely couple of days. My roommates are not at home nor have they been for a few days. There is only so much conversation I can extract from Alex on Jeopardy!

Loneliness is not bad. I do not write about this because i seek companionship. I write this as an observation of myself. It is normal. Somewhat interesting to be coming from my mouth. Cheers to loneliness, and the reflection it offers of my joy found in good conversation and loving friends.

Thank you!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I believe the strongest a person can become is one that can isolate themself in total solitude, alone with their thoughts and be completely at peace. I admire the monks that confine themselves within caves for days on end with zero stimulation. At first this seems easy. Imagine though sitting in the dark with no sound for even twelve hours. What would you think of first? Is there a focus you would consentrate on? I admire your ability to recognize that strength comes from within.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home