9.21.2006

Efforts of Poem #4

I thought this poem was going to be the death of me. Very challenging in light of the 20 aspects that had to be included. I will post the poem here. If you stumble over something please know that it was probably some weird requirement that I had a little more than a difficult time trying to integrate. I am though in the end very satisfied by what I was able to manipulate out of myself. As much of a challenge these exercises are it is amazing to me the amount of joy and sense of accomplishment I have after my piece of work has concluded.

Adam's Rib

Rainbow in the water, it glides,
This fish,
Painted an eternity
Ago. You exist to fill
My soul.

My soul on the exterior is a canvas, my crazy
Ideas filter into the dreams
Of my days. Nights transformed
By watercolors etched
Into skin
Painfully, breathing I laugh.

While dreaming, you talk to me,
I think Mandee, that’s silly
Fish don’t speak.
I will wake on a beach, the taste
Of the sweet salt tells me
I am not dreaming.

The waves offer violent
Comfort; push, pull
I smell the wisdom
Coming from far away
Carried on the wake
Of Atlas who shrugged and
Dropped the ball, and
Caused the tide
That carried you.

Crying out, the sky throws
My words back to earth
“Painted bodies will swim among the heavens!”
The orchestra from Anuhi came on with a crescendo
Breaking in time, like Atlantis
For all to hear

Ancient symbol of luck and perseverance
decorates my ribs
Not Adam’s from Eden
From where Eve arrived,
Simply mine, numbers 7
Through 12, the artist touches his work
Maybe not touches, but instead
Touched
By his own brilliance.

A sage, I find myself
Seeking your slippery presence.
Skin, scales grip me like a jasmine’s blossoming
Perfume: Intense, unmistakable.

I wrap my body around your image,
Circling me, you weep overwhelmed
our beauty combined blunders forward,
An echo of grace

Like you, I am destined
For greatness. Finding the majestic waterfall
Desire strikes, a pun arises, like the instinct within,
Carp as in koi, as in carpe diem!
I jump, your wings unfold
We tumble like the stories told
Morphing, twisting, a dragon
We become. Legend lives on!

A prism existing between water and sun
Elements at work.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Captured in the words I felt lost, although on my own account. Your level of comprehension is impressive. It is a remarkable accomplishment when writings can make your own imagination burst, and you find yourself picking up the pieces of the mind someone else just touched. Pravo-

7:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home