9.13.2006

mobile once again

There is comfort in familiarity of the past. I am at Starbucks with my laptop. Not a specific Starbucks, but one of the many. I am getting acquainted with my new baby. Last evening unfolded with a man inquiring about the ad for my 1994 Honda prelude. It was the second time he will have looked at it. I have never had the experience of taking responsibility for the actual selling and handing over the keys of a car to someone else. In step with everything else in my life I feel as if I just made another leap into adulthood. I negotiated, he negotiated, an overall successful transaction. I was handed cash. In step with the promise I had made myself I went straight to the Mac store. I found it, the one. I got the black MacBook and am thrilled with it. I had an Apple about 8 years ago and have recently become more and more intrigued by their ability to anticipate the needs of its user. I may find myself outsmarted by a laptop. I eagerly await this challenge.

And here I am blogging before work. How fantastic!

Since the welcoming of the new puppy I have been up at 6 every morning. I was just using that time to get to work an hour early. My mornings, now, will take a very leisurely turn. A turn that is owned a little bit more by me then by what expectations are laid out before me. So here I am in a familiar spot, comfortable, and oh so mine. I anticipate that this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

I had planned to put whatever money was left unspent after the laptop purchase towards my tattoo fund. However, after everything was said and done, I received $1.16 in change. So for selling my car I got a kickass laptop, and a speck of water that will exist above my rib. It is impressive how far a dollar will stretch these days. :) Happy Wednesday! It sure will be for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home